THE CATHAR PROPHECY OF 1244 AD concerning the RE-ESTABLISHMENT OF THE INNER CHURCH OF LOVE The last of the Cathars was burnt by the inquisition of the Roman Catholic Church at Montesegur, Languedoc, France in 1244, but they left this prophecy:
That the Church of Love (within each person’s heart-soul centre or their ‘holy of holies’) would be proclaimed in 1986.
- It has no fabric, only understanding.
- It has no membership, save those who know they belong.
- It has no rivals, because it is non-competitive.
- It has no ambition for it seeks only to serve.
- It knows no boundaries for nationalism’s are unloving.
- It is not of itself because it seeks to enrich all groups and religions. It acknowledges all great Teachers of all the ages who have shown the truth of Love. Those who participate, practise the Truth of Love in all their beings. There is no walk of life or nationality that is a barrier. Those who are, know.
- It seeks not to teach but to be, and by being, enrich. It recognizes that the way we are may be the way of those around us because we are that way.
- It recognizes the whole planet as a Being of which we are a part. It recognizes that the time has come for the supreme transmutation, the ultimate alchemical act of conscious change of the ego into a voluntary return to the whole.
- It does not proclaim itself with a loud voice but in the subtle realms of loving. It salutes all those in the past who have blazoned the path but have paid the price. It admits no hierarchy or structure, for no one is greater than another. Its members shall know each other by their deeds and being and by their eyes and by no other outward sign save the fraternal embrace.
- Each one will dedicate their life to the silent loving of their neighbour and environment and the planet, whilst carrying out their task however exalted or humble. It recognizes the supremacy of the great idea which may only be accomplished if the human race practises the supremacy of Love.
- It has no reward to offer either here or in the hereafter save that of the ineffable joy of being and loving. Each shall seek to advance the cause of understanding, doing good by stealth and teaching only by example.
- They shall heal their neighbour, their community and our Planet. They shall know no fear and feel no shame and their witness shall prevail over all odds. It has no secret, no arcanum, no initiation save that of true understanding of the power of Love and that, if we want it to be so, the world will change – but only if we change ourselves first. ALL THOSE WHO BELONG, BELONG. THEY BELONG TO THE CHURCH OF LOVE.